[tlug] problem with MBR

Hello People ,

Hope you all are doing great !

[ I had initally made my system dual boot, with Ubuntu 9.10 and windows Vista, but coz of some major issues(may be I did some mistake in the partitioning ) I could never use windows. When I tried booting through Windows my system started system recovery after which i couldnt follow coz  instructions were in japanese. It finally took away the grub and took me to-  grub rescue >  ,
I tried recovering MBR but nothing worked.    ]

Now I have freshly installed Windows Vista on my machine. But still the problem exists.

Problem : MBR is misplaced (thats what it seems like)

When I start my system (when booting through hard disk) it takes me to ...
grub rescue >

But when using a boot CD (using Parted magic CD ) can boot the system  .

I would like to make my system dual boot coz my requirements.

Can anybody help me how to do it.
->Get the MBR fixed and make the system dual boot.

System specs :

PROCESSOR: Core i5
RAM: 4 gb
HDD: 500gb