Re: [tlug] google ditching windows and going for open source software

dave@example.com writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> writes:

 > > We've had some mild embarassments when somebody found something they
 > > shouldn't have seen in a Word file (typically an earlier version of a
 > > document used as a template, intended for a different recipient), it
 > > seems.
 >
 > Surely they've fixed that by now? Or not.

Doesn't matter.  Anybody sufficiently lacking in skills to prefer Word
is unlikely to have the skills to verify that it's fixed, and I'm sure
it's still an option, which I bet is inherited from previous user
settings at upgrade time.  So it's still the safe policy given the
potential consequences of some imaginable leaks.

And remember, Monbukagusho is the direct successor to an organization
which after the war was the safe haven for more former secret police
officials than any other.  The instinct for secrecy and prohibition of
anything-we-don't-understand runs deep in our parent ministry, and
therefore in our administrative offices.