Re: [tlug] to pad or not to pad, thats the question

2010/5/10 Christian Horn <chorn@example.com>:
> Hi all,
>

> - do you plan to obtain an iPad?

Nope. I was in a cafe the other day idly watching some video on my
netbook (HP Mini running Xubuntu, surprisingly well if a little
underpowered) when someone ineffably trendier than myself sat
down a couple of seats away, whipped out an iPad and attempted
to do the same. However, while my netbook will happily sit on a
horizontal surface with the screen tipped at a comfortable angle with
no manual intervention required, the iPad appears not to offer this
feature and I have not heard of any downloadable app which will
provide it.

I allowed myself a moment of smugness, although in all honesty
if Mr. Jobs were to bring out an iPad with a proper keyboard which
runs a proper OS (let's call this mystery machine a "MacNetBook")
I would be sorely tempted.

Ian Barwick