Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 10.04 (Japanese input)

Scott Robbins writes:

 > Stephen, have you tried ibus?

Only on my Sharp Nettoddler (calling it a Netwalker is too much
praise).  It's a damn shame they didn't keep the form factor and input
methods of the Zaurus, the larger keyboard doesn't help much -- thus I
have no real opinion on ibus, I try to avoid Japanese input on the
thing.  And the screen is way too small to support GNUMB busy-busy-
business.  (Even so, it's a reasonable substitute for the Zaurus, I
just wish Sharp could break their kaibon habit (that's a neologism, 改
煩 - yo! Charles M., would 改悩 be better here as the antonym of 改善?)

I still use Canna on XEmacs, too much muscle memory to actively *want*
to switch engines, and it would be a lot of effort to upgrade the IM
interfaces without people asking for it.  Need to do it, XIM sucks, at
least in the current implementation, but ....