Re: [tlug] OSS network visualization software, WAS: [Semi-OT] Network connectivity diagnosis

(2010/01/29 14:52), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Nguyen Vu Hung writes:

  >  OpenOffice.org Draw maybe overkill but I think it does the job.

I find it sucks for the same reasons given that sodipodi/inkscape
does.  It's a drawing program, not an object-oriented image editor.
Are you talking about automation function in OOo Draw?
If yes, please let me do some research and get back to you later.

I've also found that (at least on the Mac) it's pretty buggy in that
there doesn't seem to be any way to achieve fine positioning with
things like arrowheads.
There is a hint:

1) Hold down Ctrl key and scroll the mouse to zoom in.
2) Add an arrow.
3) Select the arrowhead, hold down the Atl key and move it with your
     arrow keys.

# MS products use the same techniques,
# but the Ctrl key is used instead of Alt.
# and as an Emacs contributor, I assume you love CLI and hate GUI ? :)
Maybe snap-to-grid would help, I gave up
before trying that because it was generally more annoying than
sodipodi (now basically obsoleted by inkscape).
I don't use sopidodi nor inkscape and I am not an OOo Draw heavy
user either. The drawing function in OOo Impress is much the same
to OOo draw so basically to draw a network diagram mentioned in OP,
all we need is Impress (it is quite stable in comparison with OOo Writer)

Regards,

Nguyen Vu Hung.

Viet Nhat General Joint Stock Company (Vinicorp)

Add:  3F, 92 Hoang Ngan - Trung Hoa - Cau Giay - Hanoi

Tel :(+84)-4-3556-3607 Fax :(+84)-4-3556-3608

Nguyen Vu Hung

Email: vuhung@example.com Mobile: (+84)-167-252-5834