Re: [tlug] Repairing a Possible Attack

CL writes:

 > Trash has two removed directories (both empty) and 108 files of which
 > the offending file is one. None can be permanently erased and Trash
 > cannot be emptied.  I have tried to enter Trash as root, but don't seem
 > to know how to call up the file manager from Terminal.

Jeez, you don't want to do that!  The file manager is Part of the
Problem!

Try this magic spell from Terminal:

    rm -f <TRASH>/gnash-dbg.log
    # Om mame padme hum Hail Mary full of Grace Hear O Israel the Lord ....

where <TRASH> is the path to the trash directory (it's probably
something like ~/.trash).  If that doesn't work, try it again as root.

 > I want my desktop back ...

"The doctor said, 'Don't do that.'"