Re: [tlug] Repairing a Possible Attack

Romeo Theriault wrote:

I'm sure there is a lot more that can be done too but that's a start.

First off, thanks to Romeo, Patrick, and Francois for their replies. Using a Kubuntu 9.10 install CD I have (/finally/) located a file named

/home/<machine name>/Documents/gnash-dbg.log

which is 252.8Gb in size. I immediately attempted to erase it and was informed that Trash was full and needed to be emptied manually. Opening Trash as root didn't allow me to remove files, so I rebooted into my main installation and re-entered using the Gnome desktop option. KDE will not load.

Trash has two removed directories (both empty) and 108 files of which the offending file is one. None can be permanently erased and Trash cannot be emptied. I have tried to enter Trash as root, but don't seem to know how to call up the file manager from Terminal. I was able to load Dolphin but still cannot empty the trash. Also, in Dolphin, the file is visible in Trash, but a find file finds a gnash-dbg.log in Documents of zero size and with zero attributes.

I know I am doing something wrong ... and that it is probably something obvious ... but I don't know what it is, yet.

I want my desktop back ...

--
CL