[tlug] East German computing [was: Re: Linux 7 year ago?]

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:40:50 +0100
Christian Horn <chorn@example.com> wrote:

> My first system was a KC 85/3, East Germanys Z80 clones.  They were
> produced directly in my hometown, Muehlhausen.

Ah, the memories. KC85/4 here, it even had a floppy drive!
(Not that I ever needed to change the floppy, I just didn't know what to
do with all that storage, as I couldn't write 786kB of code at the age
of... er... seven)

Also, I'll never know how my dad got hold of a ZX Spectrum in East
Germany. I'm kind of sure it's the only illegal thing he ever did in his
life.

Thanks guys, I'm not feeling old anymore...

Martin