Re: [tlug] Buying a Blackberry in Japan (OT)

Ai Ling <alchow@example.com> wrote:
> If that deal is for the Blackberry Bold 9700, I guess I would get it as long
> as it's not locked into a contract (unless you actually don't mind that).
> If it's for the 9000, stay away--battery heat was big enough of an issue
> that the Bold 9000 got pulled off shelves a while back.

I went to check and I'm still not sure which it was -- the specs given at
Yodobashi didn't say and when I found out the phone was locked I didn't
ask. I guess being locked explains the lower price.

Thanks for the lowdown on the Bold. It had been on my Amazon short
list. However, I now know that even though Amazon are selling unlocked
"international" phones, they only ship them domestically. (Not a serious
problem, my sister always steps up for those occasions.)

What do you think of the BlackBerry Curve 8900 Javelin Unlocked Phone
with 3.2 MP Camera, GPS, Stereo Bluetooth, Media Player, and MicroSD
Slot--International Version with No Warranty (Titanium) for $423.27 at
Amazon U.S.?

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Ooh, irrational for a cell phone, that's scary. Something like me on
> crack in a faculty meeting, then.

I guess that would be one way to make faculty meetings interesting
for a change. I prefer to save my irrational behaviour for the all-night
8-ball/9-ball tequila bashes. Especially when there is some wild
Mexican music to go with it. Like Paquita la del Barrio. (Invitame a
pecar, Quiero pecaaaaar contigo....) I just wish there were more folks
out here in Chiba who liked all night tequila/pool parties.

--Ralph