Re: [tlug] Buying a Blackberry in Japan (OT)

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Raedwolf Summoner <rarooam@example.com> wrote:
Ai Ling <alchow@example.com> wrote:
> Getting it in Japan will cost you an arm and a leg--no-contract Blackberries
> cost something like 50k-60k! Unless there is a reason she needs an
> international version, if she's going to use it in America anyway, getting
> it there is far cheaper. She probably saw a Blackberry Bold. For example,
> Amazon tells me getting the Blackberry Bold 9700 from T-Mobile is $99 (with
> a service plan).

Thanks, Ai Ling. Very informative. Yes, it is a Blackberry Bold: for 30K at
Yodobashi without the contract.

That price makes me think it is the Blackberry Bold 9000.  That model was superseded by the Blackberry Bold 9700 (came out this year).  I took a quick peek at www.yodobashi.com but failed to locate the model/price, so I'm afraid I can't verify this hunch, but I seriously doubt the Bold 9700 is going for 30k sans contract.  A comparison can be found online here: http://www.blackberrycool.com/2009/10/21/blackberry-bold-9700-versus-the-blackberry-bold-9000/
Of course, there are many other sources you can check online.  ^_^