Re: [tlug] recomendations for a functional language

On Sunday 01 November 2009 21:15:25 Attila Kinali wrote:
> Knowing that we have here a few Haskell freaks, i'd like to ask
> whether you can recomend me a functional language and a book to
> learn it. The goal isn't to learn a language that i can use
> in my daily life, at least not in the first place, but to learn
> new concepts, new methods, new ways of thinking.

I will be giving a presentation about Haskell at the next technical meeting,
on the 14th of this month.  I will explain why I think Haskell is a good
language to learn as well as give recommendations about books and other
resources.  Do you mind waiting until the 14th to hear my recommendations, or
is this an itch that you would like to scratch immediately? ;)

Travis