Re: [tlug] [Fwd: Search MySQL for Japanese Names]

黒鉄章 schrieb:
Also, in the unlikely event that you need to generate a romanized version
from the kana... I remember looking for a function to do that in the past
and not finding one, so I rolled my own (straight in MySQL so it could be
called by triggers). Unless somebody here has a pointer to an existing
function to do the same, I could make mine available.

I can confirm there is no such function in PHP; I think we all end up
making our own. I haven't got mine to hand, sorry.

For this I use a perl script by Jeffrey Friedl which does not seem to be on the web anymore. Let me know if it is of interest.

Uli