Re: [tlug] linux@example.com How many widely can we do that?

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Christian Horn <chorn@example.com> wrote:
> What are your experiences with your employer?
> Maybe others just dont feel any pain in using windows for their work
> when something different would suit much more?
> I know some shops saying 'use the OS best working for you and just
> do your work'.

Similar situation to yours (big corporation (>100K employers), MS-only
IT policy). Being a non militant type, I just bought my own desktop,
installed ubuntu, and hooked on corp network. I'm not sure if it's
because I'm a foreigner or our IT are really clueless, but I'm still
waiting for their reaction (after 2 years).
I'd be interested to know what's the situation/attitude like in US.

cheers,
Ivan