Re: [tlug] Tux is now in Tokyo ! who wants to get it ?

Curt Sampson writes:

 > For me, it is effectively the same movie.

Nonsense.  You quite clearly prefer the HD version; it is *not the
same*.

 > Had it been available at some reasonable premium at the time I'd
 > bought the DVD (or available at all, perhaps) I would have bought
 > the high-definition version. And you'll note that they're not
 > offering me a discounted upgrade for having supported them to this
 > point.

Yeah, I've noticed that, but I haven't cared enough to think about it.
Now that you mention it, I wonder if *they* have noticed that?
(Marketing people are *not* very creative in that direction, by and
large.)

Why don't you write to Warner's Customer Service Department (well,
start with whichever one is the highest priority for your collection)
and ask them about it?  Don't forget to include the URL to your blog
where you have a sanitized version of the rant you posted here.  And
include the first five titles from them you'd upgrade if such a
program were offered.  (Theoretically I could do it, but I'm not a
customer, let alone a fan.)

 > Sure, they can do whatever they like, and all's fair in the
 > marketplace.  But they're making me unhappy as a customer, and
 > that's not a good thing to do in a market where there are free (if
 > illegal) alternatives.

Are there for Blu-Ray disks?  Isn't the copy-protection for that
fairly strong by consumer standards?