Re: [tlug] ICFP at Next TLUG Meeting

On 2009-09-06 04:00 +0900 (Sun), Edward Middleton wrote:

> Something along the lines of what really cools stuff was covered and
> why it matters[2] from the perspective of someone who might actually
> use it.

I suspect it might be a pretty long distance from the stuff covered here
to the audience I'd be addressing, since it's often talking about things
a decade in the future of your average Java programmer, if indeed it
ever arives at all, but in ten minutes I can give a brief overview of
what ICFP is, if you think it's worthwhile.

Can I get some thoughts on there from others who've had a look through
the stuff on http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/icfp09.html on whether any
of that looks interesting and warrants further explanation?

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com