Re: [tlug] search for encrypted information exchange

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 21:05, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
On 2009-08-28 20:40 +0900 (Fri), Bruno Raoult wrote:

> Do you want also to give advices on how to secure a house? If not,
> this is just a "geek" discussion as I said before.

Yes, I'd be very happy to give advice on securing a house. I suspect
most computer security geeks have made some reaosnable study of physical
security as well; in fact, you can't really do a good job of securing,
say, servers, without understanding physical security.

I totally agree...

> I bought a "blank" laptop, I don't fear anything. Mine will always be
> "blank", with no data inside...

If you use it only to ssh into other hosts, I can see this being a
possibility. But you'd be surprised at what data other programs, such as
web browsers, may leave lying around.

If I say I don't, I don't understand why everybody here pretends to know more
about my laptop than I do...

> I am secure, whatever you think. Maybe more than you.

Well, you'll have to excuse us for doubting you on this, but consider
that you have "no data" on your laptop is a rather extraordinary claim,
one that most security experts would have a difficult time accepting.
You appear not to know this, because otherwise you would have explained
in detail just how you ended up with a laptop with "no data." That makes
it in turn difficult to believe you know much about security.

I just said: "no data I care about". And yes, I know about browser caches, etc...
You are not the only one here to understand that, sorry  (even if you like to tell
a lot about your "knowledge" :-)
And no, I don't have to tell you anything about my laptop, are you joking?

Please take care your own data, that appparently you distribute everywhere,
and maybe you get stress because of that...

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.