Re: [tlug] Does my Japanese Android phone not speak Japanese?

On 2009-08-26 22:18 +0900 (Wed), Dave M G wrote:

> I used eyeD3, and piped the results into a text file, which I then
> opened in OpenOffice and used utf8 to read it...

Well, if you're sure you were using UTF-8, that's what it would be all
right. But try (syntax may not be exactly correct):

    eyeD3 somefile.mp3 | nkf -W

If it comes out readable, you probably really do have UTF-8 there
(barring a multitude of interesting possible problems that I'm not even
going to start to think about dealing with in an e-mail).

Best bet might be to find a track where the info doesn't display
properly, send it to someone who has the knowledge and appropriate tools
(not me, sorry), and get them to verify that the tags are UTF-8. Then
you've reduced the problem space to why the Android doesn't like that
UTF-8.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com