Re: [tlug] Does my Japanese Android phone not speak Japanese?

Dave M G wrote:
However, when it displays song information, any Japanese comes out as
mojibake. What's up with that?

I am not using the Android based phone on Ubuntu,
so I do not know this problem on my Ubuntu laptop.

But the followings are telling me that
just the newest Jaunty could have the Android fonts to be installed
and you need to get and install it.

http://www.stefanoforenza.com/get-androids-fonts-on-ubuntu-how-to/

Hope these could be of help.

For me,
I am just listening to ASCII based Electronic / Dance / House recently
and I am not listening to Unicode J-POP,
so I have no problem :-D

Sotaro