Re: [tlug] ARM Netbooks Will Only Run ****x (was Re: Unix's 40th Birthday)

Curt Sampson пишет:

Further, what with Moore's law and all that, I wonder if "netbooks"
will exist as a category distinct from low-end notebooks in a couple of
years, at least as far as CPU and memory and so on are concerned. A used
Lenovo X60 will set you back about the same as a new netbook (40,000
yen or so), and with a Core2Duo T5600 dual-core CPU, it makes a pretty
reasonable desktop replacement for the non-demanding user. It's not much
larger than a typical Netbook, and a lot more usable (almost-full-size
keyboard, 1024x768 screen).

Used notebooks has one serious disadvantage over netbooks - short battery
life, even with new battery (I compare with my eepc901). So from one side
X60 still nice notebook, from the other side - not enough portable.

In three years, we will have $500 notebooks capable of running Vista and
larger than current netbooks mainly because of the 1450x900 screen and
near-full-size keyboard.

cjs

:) Today I reboot into Vista on my T60 to check some hardware, crawl is the most
exact definition of Vista speed.