Re: [tlug] ARM Netbooks Will Only Run ****x (was Re: Unix's 40th Birthday)

On 2009-08-22 20:53 +0900 (Sat), Alexander Danilov wrote:

> Used notebooks has one serious disadvantage over netbooks....

I gave a used notebook as an example because there's currently nothing
new in that particular range that I'm familiar with. My point was, that
in a year or two, Netbook manufacturers will be using CPUs of that same
power at that same price (new).

> :) Today I reboot into Vista on my T60 to check some hardware, crawl
> is the most exact definition of Vista speed.

Try dropping a 9500 yen SSD (and maybe a bit more RAM) in it, and watch
the performance shoot through the roof. For that particular model, a very
slow hard drive was its serious failing.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com