Re: [tlug] openssh on Centos 5.2

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 09:46:05PM +0900, Sotaro Kobayashi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2490/3828646517_d1300e2412_o.jpg
>

> To check openssh is installed by default or not on this Cent OS 5.2
> installer,
> you need to select any group on the right pane and click the "Optional
> packages" button
> and the openssh package is ticked or not. (The tick box is ticked or empty.)
>
> I think you can check it in the group "Servers/Network Server" on 5.2.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sotaro

Hi Sotaro-san,

PLEASE try to not top post and to trim unnecessary text.  (Remember some
people have bandwidth and quota limits.)  :)   See Godwin's excellent
guides at
http://howto-pages.org/posting_style/

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

(To everyone else--YES, I get complaints from other members about top
posting and lack of trimming--Sotaro san simply happened to do it on a
post where I have something to say.  Our netiquette is getting very
sloppy--in the old fiery days, other members would have rather harshly
corrected errant posting.

Back to the question of removing ssh during installation--even if you
uncheck some things during the customize now section, RH, in its wisdom,
will often install them anyway.  Open-ssh server seems to be one of
those things unless you create a custom kickstart file.

That is--I usually install by just using the first CD.  The only way
that works is if one unchecks EVERYTHING, including all the categories
in base--including "base."

However, openssh server is still installed.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6