Re: [tlug] SSDs

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 08:16:05PM +0900, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
> Another thing - I suppose it's better for a hard drive if (when
> rendering into another file format and/or when assembling cuts) to
> have the source file and target file on different drives?

Assuming "better" in your question relates to performance, yes, in
general it could help.  In some cases it might even make more sense to
segregate each drive to its own channel (i.e. if you have two PATA
drives, keep them on different cables: depending on the characteristics
of your controller, the gain in speed will be more or less noticeable).

David