Re: [tlug] SSDs

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Curt Sampson<cjs@example.com> wrote:
> Just in case anybody's curious, today I replaced a 5200 RPM 2.5" HDD
> in a Thinkpad x61 with a Silicon Power 32 GB SSD.

Thanks for the post.  I"m always interested in this sort of hardware
information.

Incidentally, following your suggestion to use an SSD for video
editing, I put a 30GB SSD drive in my video editing box which I use by
first copying over the file to be edited to the SSD drive and then
editing from there.

With the other factors involved (file conversion, [rendering?] etc.),
I don't know if it's actually helping much speed-wise, but with
constant pausing, cuing, reviewing, [terms from audio... not sure if
they are correct for video...] etc., it certainly removes a lot of
physical wear & tear on the mechanically moving parts of the HDD.

Lyle