Re: [tlug] Yes! Another argument about the GPL! You knew you wanted it....

On 2009-08-13 01:15 +0900 (Thu), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Well, take it with a grain of salt.  I really am not that close to
> Japanese open source people, except a few who work on Emacs.  Since
> the Norteamericanos who work on Emacs are so weird, I suppose the same
> probably holds for the Nihonjin, too.

I'm not sure I would be so fast to come to that conclusion. After all,
*all* of the Japanese are *quite* weird[1][2], so there's no indication
that the Japanese that work on Emacs are any different from any others.

And I thought you worked on XEmacs, anyway?

[1]: I speak as one who owns not only four different versions of
Densha-de-GO!, but also a special densha controller with no less than
four different modular densha-control parts to make it work with the
many different versions of the game across the ages.

[2]: Thus my presence here.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com