Re: [tlug] SSDs

On 2009/08/12, at 10:07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

On 2009-08-12 09:41 +0900 (Wed), Lyle H Saxon wrote:

...I don't know if it's actually helping much speed-wise, but with
constant pausing, cuing, reviewing, [terms from audio... not sure if
they are correct for video...] etc., it certainly removes a lot of
physical wear & tear on the mechanically moving parts of the HDD.

I don't think I'd worry too much about the "wear and tear"; it's still
not getting as much as, say, a reasonably busy web server with a lot of data. I'd be curious as to how editing on the SSD versus the hard drive
compares, though; why don't you try doing an editing session with the
files on your hard drive and see how it works out?

Any concern about the write wear on SSDs? I understand it's still an issue on consumer models?