Re: [tlug] Zurus distributions experience

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull<stephen@example.com> wrote:
> JC Helary writes:
>
>  > And, basically, innovations are not "available to society". They
>  > are available to those who can afford them.
>
> Well, yes.  TANSTAAFL, somebody has to pay.  In technical terms, it's
> called "the first law of thermodynamics."  I gather you think you have
> discovered a method to get around it?

George Reismann has written responses to readers' comments to a
reposting of his essay against socializing the medical system under
the Clinton administration. I have no idea if Prof. Turnbull agrees
with Prof. Reismann's views on economics, but the issue of egoism vs
altruism seems to be on-topic in this off-topic thread :-)

http://georgereisman.com/blog/

Regards,
Gernot