Re: [tlug] Zurus distributions experience

Lars Kotthoff writes:
 > > But basically, the war is over, we won, and the GPL and RMS should
 > > both be retired.  The GPL now causes more division in open source than
 >
 > I think in academia the GPL is the best license to use for most things.

Academia has enough trouble doing anything useful.  Why use a license
that makes it harder for innovators (ie, the profit-oriented entities
that actually produce marketable products, rather than vaporware-
vending "pure researchers" and "inventors") to do their thing by
bringing the academic pie-in-the-sky down to earth?