Re: [tlug] Mythbuntu 9.04 rejecting Android USB connection

Ryosuke OISHI wrote:
OK. I don't know why your PC doesn't work actually.
Only I can say exactly a few USB devices, hubs, and hosts have hardware
bugs that derive serious troubles to connect other USB devices on the
operating system (including Linux) layer or upper.

(One interesting similar bug is that some older MacBooks don't recognise
the new iPhone 3GS.)

ISTR that many USB devices use cables that are too long according to the
USB spec, so that the timing requirements are broken.

You could try forcing USB1.1 mode. When I was meddling with USB, you
could do this by removing your USB HCI driver from the kernel (I think
unfortunately in Ubuntu now you would have to build a fresh kernel with
the HCI driver as a module.)

Perhaps waiting a bit longer for the device to settle might help. See
the delay_use parameter to the usb-storage module.