Re: [tlug] See USB drive over network [EXTRA-SOLVED]

Stephen, Eduardo,

Thanks for replying.

Eduardo was right. I was at first a little confused because I kept right clicking the folder icon in the /media directory and there was no option to set a name.

Then I realized I needed to be looking at the drives, not the folders. So I found the icon for the Android drive, right clicked, and there was a tab labelled "Drive", and an extra settings section. There, one simply enters in the name of the mount point. I chose "android".

Voila! I unmounted the drive, and from the next mount onward, comes up under "/media/android" every time.

Nice.

Thanks for all your help and advice. I'm now rocking and rolling on my gPhone!

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G