Re: [tlug] See USB drive over network [SOLVED]

Dave M G writes:

 > The only potential "gotcha" that might bite me is that right now I have
 > the command within Amarok to look for the device in /media/disk-2. The
 > last dozen times I mounted it, it kept coming up as disk-2, so maybe
 > that's what it thinks it is...?

AFAIK this is not 100% reliable, and if you have a number of
hot-pluggable devices that you're always plugging in and out you could
run into a problem.  If this is the only one, then you won't.

mount(8) provides two ways to guarantee that a particular physical
volume gets mounted in the same place: mount by UUID and mount by
volume label.  Some file systems do not support these, however.