Re: [tlug] Open-source repository question

Edward Middleton writes:

 > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Also, I doubt Jim is an OSS OS zealot.  Windows users dislike git,
 >
 > python developers dislike git[1], windows users (in general) dislike
 > console applications, i.e. things like xjdic.

But "windows users (in general)" are not relevant.  What's relevant to
Jim is whether there are Windows users who are xjdic users, and
interested in contributing.  If there are, git's problems on Windows
are relevant.

 > 1. http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0374/#why-mercurial-over-other-dvcss

Uh, did you notice the authorship?  IOW, why are you telling me this? ;-)