Re: [tlug] Open-source repository question

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Edward Middleton writes:
>
>  > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > > Also, I doubt Jim is an OSS OS zealot.  Windows users dislike git,
>  >
>  > python developers dislike git[1], windows users (in general) dislike
>  > console applications, i.e. things like xjdic.
>
> But "windows users (in general)" are not relevant.  What's relevant to
> Jim is whether there are Windows users who are xjdic users, and
> interested in contributing.  If there are, *git's problems* on Windows
> are relevant.
As a console application I have had no problems using git on windows.  The only complaint I have heard about git on windows is that its a console application.  What specific issues are you talking about?

>  > 1. http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0374/#why-mercurial-over-other-dvcss
>
> Uh, did you notice the authorship?  IOW, why are you telling me this? ;-)

I don't know, reading that just made me think you guys were working
really hard to justify a position rather then make a decision.  I found
the comparison in the git-svn doc[1] gave a more compelling argument for
using mercurial.  Do any of the mercurial hosting services have anything
equivalent to the github network graph visualizer[2]?

Edward

1. http://utsl.gen.nz/talks/git-svn/intro.html#hg-rulz
2. http://github.com/blog/39-say-hello-to-the-network-graph-visualizer