Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan (was: UNIX jobs on TLUG)

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 23:17, Josh Glover<jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/11 Clemens Schwaighofer <gullevek@example.com>:
>
>> I see the salary man life rather as come at 9 and leave never before 9
>> and then get drunk at the local izakaya, s-wave walk home and try to
>> catch enough sleep to get up the next day ... not in the way of "just
>> do your work and learn nothing new" ...
>
> Well, in the context of what we were talking about (working at
> Japanese companies being a good way to ensure that you don't grow as
> an engineer), I define TSW as:
>
> 1. Just go through the motions at work; don't try to do anything well.
> 2. Never rock the boat.
> 3. Never take initiative; do what you are told and nothing more.
> 4. Etc.

In traditional style 150% agree

>> I really wished I could go home at 17:00, I really really really
>> wished. But I just don't think I have the guts to do that ...
>
> Depends on your buchou, I guess. :)

Actually depends more on my work load. This year we all have 0 残業
rule, but as my contract is slightly different I end up staying too
late anyway ... orz

--
Clemens Schwaighofer
gullevek@example.com / gullevek@example.com