Re: [tlug] [OT] StumbleUpon in Japanese

Kyle,

Thanks for responding.
I'm an SU addict and I believe you're right. The only language section I've seen is labeled "Languages I speak" in the profile page but it looks like that's just to display on your profile and has no effect on the language of stumbled pages.
Yeah, that's pretty much the case.

I also tried signing up with a new account, and going only to Japanese pages and hitting "thumbs up", but that didn't work. It seems here aren't enough other people looking at Japanese content to get a cluster going.

The closest thing I can think of is Hatena bookmarks http://b.hatena.ne.jp but it's more like the old Digg (without the random button) than SU

Close, but not quite there.

I'd make a Japanese StumbleUpon, but I've learnt in the past that clustering is kind of a hassle.

Potentially a good opportunity for anyone with server space and the ability to program a clustering recommendation system.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G