Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan (was: UNIX jobs on TLUG)

Shawn Brown writes:

 > Once the Japanese person realizes that I am right, they will start
 > speaking about the problem at a higher level than I can comprehend and
 > then they will try to claim that I don't speak Japanese and therefore
 > must be wrong.

Do they claim that you're *wrong*, or that you *don't/can't
understand* because you're not Japanese?

Even word often used, 「違う」 reflects this distinction.  In my
experience, Japanese rarely say *you* are wrong, rather they like to
say "[you've misunderstood the situation,] it's different."