Re: [tlug] UNIX jobs on TLUG (was: Database frontend in Linux)

2009/6/2 Michael Bitker <mbitker@example.com>:

> Just stating my experience. Japanese companies are far less likely to
> let go of their legacy systems and embrace new technologies compared
> to gaishikei companies. It's a matter of perspective and culture. Most
> Japanese companies still hold on to the outdated idea of IT being
> nothing more than a barely necessary expense (a big one that that)
> rather than as a competitive advantage. I don't know what drives this
> attitude, but it does exist.

Let me try something: { $assertion = s/Japanese/Large/g; $assertion =
s/gaishikei/smaller/g; print $assertion }

Just stating my experience. Large companies are far less likely to
let go of their legacy systems and embrace new technologies compared
to smaller companies. It's a matter of perspective and culture. Most
Large companies still hold on to the outdated idea of IT being
nothing more than a barely necessary expense (a big one that that)
rather than as a competitive advantage. I don't know what drives this
attitude, but it does exist.

Still seems true to me...

I don't think you're wrong, but I do think that there's something more
going on here than just Japanese / foreign.

--
Cheers,
Josh