Re: [tlug] UNIX jobs on TLUG (was: Database frontend in Linux)

2009/6/2 Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com>:
> 2009年 6月 2日(火)12:35 pm に Michael Bitker さんは書きました:
>
>> Staying in a Japanese company
>> will kill any chance of updating your skills.
>
> Being stuck in a position that requires you to support someone's
> crappy code, written 20 years ago, may kill your chances. But that
> has nothing to do with the company being Japanese.

Just stating my experience. Japanese companies are far less likely to
let go of their legacy systems and embrace new technologies compared
to gaishikei companies. It's a matter of perspective and culture. Most
Japanese companies still hold on to the outdated idea of IT being
nothing more than a barely necessary expense (a big one that that)
rather than as a competitive advantage. I don't know what drives this
attitude, but it does exist.