Re: [tlug] WWAN subsidized English notebooks

2009/5/10 Kyle Hasegawa <kylehase@example.com>:

> Would anyone know a way to get WWAN subsidized notebooks with English
> keyboards?

I personally like the JP keyboard, after using it to write code for
almost four years now, but certain TLUGgers have alleviated the space
bar problem somewhat with some xmodmap magic like this:

xmodmap -e 'keycode 129 = space'
xmodmap -e 'keycode 131 = space'
xmodmap -e 'keycode 208 = space'

You can obviously put that in a file:

: jglover@example.com; cat .xmodmaprc.jp
keycode  49 = Zenkaku_Hankaku Kanji
keycode  51 = bracketright braceright
keycode  66 = Caps_Lock
keycode 111 = Print
keycode 115 = Super_L
keycode 117 = Menu
keycode 129 = Henkan_Mode Mode_switch
keycode 130 = XF86HomePage
keycode 131 = Muhenkan
keycode 208 = Hiragana_Katakana Romaji
keycode 211 = backslash underscore kana_RO

(mine does other stuff, but the proof of concept is the same).

I use OpenBox, launched from my .xinitrc, so I need some glue like
this in my ~/.xinitrc:

xmodmap "${HOME}/.xmodmaprc.jp"

It seems that in GNOME, .xmodmaprc.* is picked up at session start and
you are prompted whether you want to source the files automatically
for subsequent sessions.

--
Cheers,
Josh