Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Clemens Schwaighofer
<gullevek@example.com> wrote:
> And then, when will you notice this? I use my ipod nano in the train.
> Where there are so many noises I often don't realize what horrible
> mp3s I do have in my collection (mad probably more than 10 years ago
> with one of the first mp3 software).
>
> I never heard any difference between the audio players I used, nor I
> doubt I ever will. But perhaps I have just crappy ears ;)

You and me both.  I use my nano also on the train (here in Ireland, or
in Japan), and differences in sound quality are hardly noticeable.  A
good pair of noise-reduction earbuds, easily available in Japan, help
improve sound-quality on any mp3 device.  Much of the quality problems
lie in the background noise, not the mp3 quality.

--
Doug McLean

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/