Re: [tlug] Chance to make a convert

Ian, Charles, Stephen, Godwin, Christian, Jim, Dave,

Thanks for your responses.

I hadn't considered the virtual box idea. My experience with VMWare is that virtual boxes tend to be limited in their ability to handle multimedia. If the Linux installation is hobbled, then she isn't going to distinguish between the problem being Linux or being a virtual box.

That said, it does seem easier to install that way. I looked on the net for tips on using "Boot Camp" with Ubuntu, and it looks a little fussy.

My main goal is to get her to abandon Windows. I don't think she's likely to give up Mac because if she completely wipes Max OSX off her machine, she will probably lose all the hardware support from the Mac Store. But she might abandon Windows completely if Ubuntu can deliver.

I'll have to think on this one a little further.

Thanks for all your input. Definitely food for thought.

-- Dave M G http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G