Re: [tlug] Re: Flash and Firexfox 2

2009/3/17 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:

> Gen's point is precisely that although the bug is a regression (==
> "somebody broke whut didn't need no fixin' nohow"), there is now no
> regression test, and no code will be allowed in until there is one.

Oh yes, I agree completely with that approach. When I report a bug at
work, I attach a unit test that exposes the bug so that when a
developer (often me) starts to work on the fix, the TDD approach is
guaranteed.

> See http://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html for the more realistic assessment
> of just how cold it will be in hell when that happens.

Yeah. If anyone is interested in working on an Open Source project
with a development methodology that does not suck, I have a few
projects going, and I hear Starling is hiring. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh