Re: [tlug] Re: Flash and Firexfox 2

On Mar 17, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Jim Breen wrote:

2009/3/17 Gen Kanai <gkanai@example.com>:

Yes, it's a regression and it is unfortunately almost 2 years old.

That surprised me. I was even more surprised that a fix had been identified
about a year ago, and not implemented. I guess that's the way it is with
this sort of project.

Even if a fix is identified, we need to have tests in place to make sure the new code does not break other stuff or cause other regressions. It's not as simple as "here's the fix", unfortunately.

Jim, thanks for the bug report. Hopefully this will help us get a bit more
attention to this bug.

I'm sorry I didn't report it earlier. I guess the more times a bug is
reported, the greater the chance it will be addressed (even though they
ask you to check and not rereport known bugs._

I'd agree and say that the more a bug is reported, often (not always, however) the greater the chance that it will get fixed.

We (and all OSS projects) live and die by our community and bug reports, so please keep them coming! A few minutes work by you could affect hundreds of millions of Firefox (or other OSS project) users.

Gen