Re: [tlug] TLUG 15th Anniversary Party? [OT Question for Josh]

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>> ... differences between Tokyo and Dublin.  Has it been a cake walk or a
>> run through the gauntlet?
>
> That would be a very long email indeed. The short version is that
> Dublin is a town, not a city, except for the traffic, which is worse
> than Tokyo's in terms of congestion (possibly because public
> transportation is quite disappointing after Tokyo, though I guess it
> would beat any US city save New York, Chicago, Boston, DC, Atlanta,
> and possibly San Francisco).

I used to live in San Francisco - so long as you define San Francisco
as San Francisco and don't include the entire Bay Area (Oakland,
Silicon Valley, etc.), then there's no need for a car in the city - in
fact - it's a royal pain and expense to have a car there (difficult &
expensive parking, etc.)

[snip] ... since they basically do one tech meeting a year, and a PotD
> (Pint of the Day--more or less like our nomikai) every month.
>
> If you have specific questions, I can try to answer them, but
> otherwise, this is a conversation best had over a series of pints. :)

Well, that's pretty much along the lines of what I was interested in
hearing.  As for discussing cultural issues over a series of pints -
sounds good!  When are you next coming to a Tokyo Nomikai?  Get the
company to send you over here on a business trip!

Lyle