Re: [tlug] [OT] toshiba laptop with no power; find the culprit...

> Do you have an idea of the possible source of the problem?  The
> possibilities that I can think of are:
> - the AC adapter
is there a LED on the brick?
> - the battery
is it your original? If so its very old. Try removing the battery and then
switching on (with the AC of course)
> - something in between (what?)
broken contact where you push the jack in? Something burnt out inside?

> Do you know of any place or shop in Tokyo where I could go and have

round here we have pc recycle shops that sell power bricks cheaply. Take
your laptop somewhere like that and ask to try one.

cheers
nigel