Re: SCIM working! (Was: Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far)

2009/2/20 Jake Knickerbocker <jake.knickerbocker@example.com>:

> Are you by chance use the default Xandros installation?

Yes, that's been the whole discussion - bringing up a Japanese
interface on the original distro.

> If so I
> believe they have replaced init with finit (fast init), in which case all
> of the rc*.d scripts are being completely ignored and the actual service
> starts will be (I think) coming from:
>
> /usr/sbin/services.sh

Bloody hell. The swine.

> I really haven't had any experience with the EeePC closed source
> finit, but I have used Mandriva's open source version and I think they
> are doing basically the same things.
>
> There also could be an /etc/finit.conf, but again I have no idea how
> or if that's being used in Xandros.

I'm going to have to mull over this services.sh. There's a lot
going on there, and way away from debian's way of doing it.

Thanks for the tipoff.

Jim

--
Jim Breen