Re: SCIM working! (Was: Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far)

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:

Sorry to cause a conniption. As I mentioned, I'm new to Debian. In
a Red-Hat derived distro I wouldn't have asked, but since I am learning
Debian (etch) with this system I thought it might be good to get things
right at the beginning.

Are you by chance use the default Xandros installation?  If so I
believe they have replaced init with finit (fast init), in which case all
of the rc*.d scripts are being completely ignored and the actual service
starts will be (I think) coming from:

/usr/sbin/services.sh

I really haven't had any experience with the EeePC closed source
finit, but I have used Mandriva's open source version and I think they
are doing basically the same things.

There also could be an /etc/finit.conf, but again I have no idea how
or if that's being used in Xandros.

-Jake