Re: SCIM working! (Was: Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far)

2009/2/19 Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com>:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 01:45:29PM +1100, Jim Breen wrote:
>> It already says:
>>
>> # Enable cannaserver
>> CANNA-SERVER_RUN=yes
>
> well, mine says
> CANNA_SERVER_RUN=yes
> (note the underscore)

My typo.

> If that was just a typo in your email, you could try to run the init
> script manually as root:
>
>  $ /etc/init.d/canna start
>
> and see what happens, if you still have problems post the output of
>
>  $ sh -x /etc/init.d/canna start
>
> run as root.

That worked fine, as expected since that was effectively what I've
been doing to start cannaserver.

> Anyway, the thing is that is should already run automagically without
> you having to add canna to any startup file.

Prexactly. That's the mystery. /etc/rc5.d as a symlink S20canna
pointing to /etc/init.d/canna so I expect cannaserver to be started. It
isn't.

If all else fails, can someone suggest a suitable startup file to
start cannaserver from?

Cheers

Jim

--