Re: SCIM working! (Was: Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far)

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 01:45:29PM +1100, Jim Breen wrote:
> 2009/2/18 Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com>:
> > On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:08:43PM +1100, Jim Breen wrote:
>
> >> Since debian is foreign to me, what is the best place to start
> >> Canna at boot time?
> >
> > you want to edit /etc/default/canna and enable the server.
>
> It already says:
>
> # Enable cannaserver
> CANNA-SERVER_RUN=yes

well, mine says
CANNA_SERVER_RUN=yes
(note the underscore)

If that was just a typo in your email, you could try to run the init
script manually as root:

  $ /etc/init.d/canna start

and see what happens, if you still have problems post the output of

  $ sh -x /etc/init.d/canna start

run as root.
Anyway, the thing is that is should already run automagically without
you having to add canna to any startup file.

cheers
--
mattia
:wq!