Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 02:40:30PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Jim Breen writes:
>  > 2009/2/9 Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com>:
>  >
>  > > what usually does the trick for me is setting
>  > >  LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8
>  > > but honestly I have no idea if this is going to be enough, it usually
>  > > takes me a random number of steps to get there.
>  > >
>  > > Just try it from a console:
>  > >  LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 uxterm
>  > > (uxterm or gedit or gvim, you choose ;))
>  >
>  > Still no action.
>
> The original design of XIM requires an XMODIFIERS setting as well.
> Maybe
>
> XMODIFIERS=@example.com LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 uxterm

Yeah, I didn't mention the XMODIFIERS because it's supposed to be done
magically by im-switch, i.e. I have this in ~/.xinput.d/en_GB

XIM=SCIM
XIM_PROGRAM=/usr/bin/scim
XIM_ARGS="-d"
XIM_PROGRAM_SETS_ITSELF_AS_DAEMON=yes
GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
QT_IM_MODULE=xim
DEPENDS="scim,scim-anthy|scim-canna|scim-chewing|scim-pinyin|scim-hangle|scim-prime|scim-skk|scim-tables-additional|scim-m17n|scim-uim|scim-tables-ja|scim-tables-ko|scim-tables-zh"

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/80im-switch will do the rest and I set
LC_LANG in ~/.xsession

>  > I don't want to switch to a general Japanese locate.
>
> Well, try it and see if things work (if you haven't done it already).
> If it does work, you know it's a locale issue.

agreed, give it a go.

--
mattia
:wq!