Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far

2009/2/9 Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com>:

> what usually does the trick for me is setting
>  LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8
> but honestly I have no idea if this is going to be enough, it usually
> takes me a random number of steps to get there.
>
> Just try it from a console:
>  LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 uxterm
> (uxterm or gedit or gvim, you choose ;))

Still no action.

I notice that when I start scim with "sudo scim -d", and icon
arrives on the toolbar that lets me do some configuring. I have no
idea what I am supposed to configure it to.

I suspect I am hung up with a locale problem. In the past
I have been able to ignore them - kinput2 (for kterm) just
charged on regardless, and iiimf/canna which I use on my FDC4
system can be forced to override using the Gnome IM switcher.
I don't want to switch to a general Japanese locate.

Cheers

Jim
--
Jim Breen